Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Highway lane drifting
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #127
Test Engineer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88499
What I Drive: 2012 titanium focus

FF Reputation: 1 Test Engineer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It's extremely disappointing that my dealership did not detect/find the problem. I test drove with a technician for only about ~15 minutes (I felt like he was in a rush) and he found nothing out of the ordinary as he could tell. He mentioned that I could leave it for a day or so that he can check the rack and pinion to see if it was "centered." The other day, I got a call from the service rep and they couldn't find anything wrong with the steering. I asked them to drive it for awhile; his response was something in the lines of "They don't have the time to test drive for that long of a time." I've indicated to him that this is known problem and suggested to look at the copies of blogs I gave him to possibly help diagnose the issue. He suggested that there is no merit in these blogs and that Ford will issue a TSB if there are issues.
I was frustrated with the fact that they did not encounter/acknowledge the same symptoms that I did and especially did not take the time to address the concern; it seems that it was a rush, rush get it out the door service.

The problem is still not solved with my vehicle as I the driveablilty issues remind me of it everyday (Drive 1 hour and 20 minutes each way). I will follow up with the Ford Corporate case number I have. This is my second Ford vehicle I've purchased and I'm wondering whether I'll stand brand loyal or if it will be a lesson learned. Yes I understand that 1st year models tend have more bugs but Ford should make an effort to communicate serious issues like these and not keep the owners in the dark.