Old 08-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #86
ChrissyP
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89068
What I Drive: 2012 red focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 ChrissyP Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 Ford Focus Transsmission shuddering

We just bought our 2012 Focus last month... it has 2500 miles as of today... and the shuddering you all are talking about is getting progressively worse!!!! We felt it the first test drive and were told thats how these new transmissions are.. blah blah blah. The salesman who sold it to us had been driving it himself (his kids carseat was in it) and he said he didn't feel it and I just needed to get used to it. Well that didn't sit well with me. So I have called and talked and had it in once already... the service manager took it for a spin in the garage..... and he said he felt it... So he asked me to wait a few hours till he could contact ford and ask a few questions... I had to call him back a week later to find out he had heard from ford and needs to run a few tests! Well thanks to this forum I have a clearer idea whats up! I know mmmoose says it is just how a manual transmission works but mmmooose .... this isn't a manual transmission I paid for an automatic.... Sooooooooooooooo It needs to run and shift and decelerate like an automatic! Also before I bought I did a bit of reading and I liked the idea that this isn't a new transmission.... It had been in use overseas in the focuses they were selling elsewhere. So I felt pretty good that there were no new item bugs to work out.... wrong I guess. I am taking this car tomorrow as a matter of fact to get the tests run that ford suggested to my service manager at C Harper Ford in Belle Vernon, PA Wish me luck!!!!