Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #127
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
Good to know, I'll call the dealer on monday I got the same problem.They replaced the bearing on only one side.But again if they installed it on the wrong side and the wrong kind,this may explain why it didn't fix the issue.
But do note that my dealer went above and beyond what was required by Ford, and they did BOTH front bearings at no charge (dealer sucked up the extra $200 for the second bearing) just because he wanted to make sure it was done right the first time. What it was is that with Ford's help, the figured out it was a bearing in the front wheels, but didn't know which one, so he just went ahead and did both, even though Ford specifies to figure out which bearing it is and replace just the bad bearing.

I also feel better about this because I also have to identical bearings on the front end so hopefully as the car ages, they will wear evenly and at the same rate. But like I said, to do both was a choice by my dealer, but they should AT LEAST change the faulty bearing.

Let me know if you have any questions and I can maybe get you the answers if yo uned them. Please note though that it took them about a week to get the bearings for me, since at the time, Ford was changing suppliers (and that was about 1-2 weeks ago).