Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Welcome Newbies To FF
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #1366
Auslander
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88411
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Auslander Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi all,
I just purchased a new 2012 Focus SEL, here in St. John's, Newfoundland, on August 4th, 2011. I originally was a Mazda man but I just wasn't impressed enough to go with them again.

Two weeks previous I was driving back from Port Aux Basque, Newfoundland when my family struck a moose and wrote off our Mazda Tribute 2008. So when we got back to St. John's was in immediate need of transportation again. We, my wife and I figured we'd go for something smaller to save on the gas and well for me, I've liked sportier cars.

The 2012 Focus was certainly the best car I tried, but like everything in. Newfoundland, selection isn't the greatest. I was looking for a titanium but only found a SEL model. However, someone can correct me on this, the only two things we don't have seems to be the Leather Seats, and Moonroof. Both I would have liked to have. But that's selection here and a short time frame as well. At least, the color was right. Tuxedo Black and the rear camera and park assist is really gadgety but fun to show off. Ross, at Avalon Ford has been one of the best car dealers I ever have dealt with, he is knowledgable, efficient, and always there to help out. That's great service... I'll hope that keeps up for the life of my Focus.

Anyway, looking forward to this site as I want to learn as much as I can about the car I bought from other owners and hopefully I let everyone know how the Focus survives one of the harshest environments in Canada. If the snow an ice isn't bad enough, we have the city here dropping enough salt on the roads to destroy the strongest metals in a day.

Cheers and looking forward to being here.
Albert Einstein