Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #126
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
Just thought I'd provide an update since i Just picked up my car... They got it fixed and the noise is gone. Had to replace the wheel bearings. Apparently there is (from what I was told) a TSB out there now relating to cars making the noise that I was experiencing, to replace or check the wheel bearings. Ford apparently now has a new provider/vendor for wheel bearings, so they used this new brand on my car. Needless to say, it took care of things and hopefully I can enjoy the car now (now that it's quiet and not making annoying noises). If you are experiencing a whining/moaning noise that is intermitant and varies with speed, have your dealer check your wheel bearings for possible damage or defect. That's what did it for me.

I will say this too, that my dealer went the extra step and just replaced both, even though Ford recommended finding out which bearing was bad. The tech told me that he didn't want to risk replacing the "wrong" bearing so he ate the cost of the extra bearing and just did both to be on the safe side, which I appreciate, so I don't have to worry about making a second trip bcak to the dealer in the event that the other bearing was bad. So, I appreciate that my dealer when the extra step to reduce the possibility that there will be a bearing issue again. Plus, they loaned me a car at no cost (because it was under warranty) which helped too since it was in the shop for over 2 weeks.
Good to know, I'll call the dealer on monday I got the same problem.They replaced the bearing on only one side.But again if they installed it on the wrong side and the wrong kind,this may explain why it didn't fix the issue.