Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #125
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
I would also like to remind people that ford has sold a good number of focuses since it came out, when you search 2012 ford focus problems on google, this thread comes up, so people who are having problems will probly make it known here. Keeping in mind of course there's only a percentage of people who would come online and post as well, but i dont think the problems we're reading about are on every focus, there will always be an unlucky few with a new model, im just keeping my fingers crossed :) and happy i got a manual SEL without MFT :)
You were lucky.My first choice was also an SEL with the manual tranny,but the dealership was charging more for it because they were estimating a two month delivery time and they were reducing the value of my trade in because of that(something I never seen before).Went to another dealership and pretty much got the same BS.Obviously the dealerships were told to sell more Powershift,so I checked the dealerships inventory and bought an SE with the sport package and powershift.In less than a day I discovered a vibration and noise issue on my car between 50 and 80 mph that the dealership and Ford still didn't sort out,and this was 7 weeks ago.Isolated problem or not ,enough people complained for Ford to release a TSB about the issue.And now I'm stuck with a worthless car until the engineers find a permanent solution.