Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Would you buy a FORD FOCUS DIESEL?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #11
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,546, Level 98
Points: 27,546, Level: 98 Points: 27,546, Level: 98 Points: 27,546, Level: 98
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Can I add a big HELL YES!!!

I'm so sick of all our domestics being anti diesel. Instead we have to come up with this highly complicated hybrid system that is going to prevent DIY in the future. In fact, I've come to believe that no manufacturer is interested in anyone working on their own vehicle, and they are moving towards making it completely impossible. We'll see how that plays out if no programmers ever surface for the new Foci. Ford already makes it horribly difficult by changing engine and transmission housing patterns regularly so that nothing bolts up unless you do a ton of research. This is nothing new for them, and it might take me back to GM again- if they ever get their act together. The lack of a small 4 cyl turbo diesel is making me seriously lean towards VW- especially now that there is a plant here in TN, although I don't really want that big of a car. Another thing that's making me lean towards them: you can get a high trim level without being stuck with no transmission choices. I swear the first domestic 4 cyl turbo diesel that comes out will be my next auto purchase- unless I already have a VW.

I think I've written about this several times on here, but here's another link (PNGV)to piss everyone off at domestic manufacturers who allowed Toyota to take over the hybrid market, and hybrid technology instead of using the results from experiments that TAXPAYERS gave them money for. Apparently being an American manufacturer means being stuck in your ways and never looking towards the future- it's all me me me now now now, give me tax breaks or I'll cut jobs blah blah blah.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.