Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #873
bersamin
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88703
What I Drive: 2012 HB SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 bersamin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
IMCCREA,

I have read enough on the MYFORD TOUCH problems to not to want it in the car I just ordered.

On Saturday, I ordered a 2012 SE Focus Hatchback, with sport package and the 201A Rapid Spec, which is just cruise control, map lights and alarm.

However, when I ordered my Focus, I told my salesman, Oscar that I had heard a lot of great things about SYNC and that I wish I could have ordered SYNC alone.

I told him that it was my understanding that to have SYNC installed that I HAD to order MYFORD TOUCH as well.

Well, Oscar called me back today and said that he thinks that I am confused, the MY FORD Driver Connect Technology with SYNC (small 4 inch screen) is different than the MYFORD TOUCH technology (Bigger Screen) and that he is suggesting that I order the 203A Rapid Spec which includes the 201A convienence package above with the MYFORD and SYNC package (MY FORD Driver Connect Technology) (Dual 4 inch displays and steering mounted audio speakers (6 total) and SIRIUS Radio subscription.

So there is my big question!!!! Is MYFORD Driver Connect Technology NOT MYFORD TOUCH?

Oscar says that he FOUND the 2012 SE Focus Hatchback, with sport package that I ordered and it has the 203A rapid spec with MY FORD Driver Connect Technology with SYNC (small 4 inch screen).

This means that I won't have to wait 8-11+ weeks for my order!

I know that this is probably a NO BRAINER and that you all are probably thinking "just call Oscar and get that Focus knuckle head'!

I just need to confirm that MY FORD Driver Connect Technology with SYNC (small 4 inch screen) is not MY FORD TOUCH!!!

Please tell me! So I can tell Oscar that I want that Focus he found!

Bersamin