Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Hitch is available
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #36
scottjl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86588
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just an update. I was speaking with my Salesguy/Dealer about installing the Curt hitch. They said installing this, and drilling into the frame as required by the Curt hitch would void my warranty, period. I called The Hitch Store and the sales rep sheepishly agreed that installing it would probably invalidate my warranty and that it was my responsibility. Needless to say I'm not going to void the warranty on a 5 day old vehicle. The Hitch Store agreed to take back my order for a full refund so I'm sending it back. The dealer did point out the vehicle was not rated for towing and I explained I wanted it for a cargo and bike rack, not towing any sort of trailer. Did mention the hitch that doesn't require drilling. He felt I fell in a grey area doing that, they'd service the vehicle as long as the no-drill hitch couldn't be at fault for whatever was wrong.

Anyway, don't know if all dealers feel the same way about things. As I said, I don't feel like risking it. So the hitch is going back and I'll re-consider my options at a later time.