Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Where to Start?
Thread: Where to Start?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #12
MacAttack
Focus Addict

Fan#: 79365
What I Drive: 2000 Dark Green SE

FF Reputation: 5 MacAttack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I think you should start with a tune and not just because I sell them but because

Better shifting and shift points if your an ATX ,

If you start modding the 08 and up you need a tune to keep everything where it should be with the fueling and the timing

A tune will give you better over all driveability why adding some performance and with FREE NA tune updates you get to enjoy the mods to there potential every time you add one vs waiting to get all your mods then getting a tune months later

For what you asked for in your first post a tune will be the biggest thing to fill the request of "What are some things I can purchase/get installed to make the car run/perform better." Tune would be #1 for that

1)Tune
2) intake
3) header and Exh

Tom
This. And, a tune from Tom includes free updates, you won't find that from other remote tuners. I was shocked at how much better my car ran after getting my tune.

Look into the how to section to get a better understanding of where everything goes. I always like knowing just how I'm going to install something before I order it. I was a complete car noob just a few months ago. I still consider myself one, but you'd be surprised at just how quickly you pick things up. I started off by doing my own oil changes, putting in a new air filter, and most recently, installing a cat back exhaust. You'll learn quickly.