Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 02:59 AM   #92
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,276, Level 35
Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscrx View Post
As a former enthusiast-salesman, we got TONS of product training, so much so that it would be easy for a non-car guy/gal to get confused. I wouldn't write off a salesperson just because they didn't know as much as I did, unless it seems that they're being internationally misleading.

Posted via FF Mobile
I can agree with this. My salesman was very knowledgeable about the car itself but not about cars in general... I had an aftermarket downpipe (for those of you uneducated in the turbocharger world, that's the turbo to midpipe/catback section of the exhaust.... would be the header if the turbo wasn't in the way xD) on the MS3 when I traded it in.. told my salesman that and he said he'd have a tech replace the stock downpipe if I had it, which I did, and he kept his word. When he called me to tell me it was done, it was "they took out the muffler for you, you can come pick it up!"

I lol'd, but he's such a nice guy, and knowledgeable about the features on the car, and made the negotiation process painless and convenient, so I'll forgive him for not knowing the technical side of cars, he knows how to sell them though.

/threadjack
Sonic Crew #28