Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #74
Dgc333
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85422
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Dgc333 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcrides03 View Post
once aain even with their so called global model american foci owners are still getting the shaft being excluded from options such as hids and windows down from outside of car. WTF is fords problem their supposed to be an american car company but they sure seem to be more supportive of foreign markets . makes no sense to me.
Even though it is a global car each country/region determines features and options that are going to be offered in their region. HID head lights would need to go through an expensive certification process to be sold in the US that the US marketing folks determined was not justifiable based on potential sales. I would tend to agree, the vast majority of folks that are going to buy a new Focus don't care about HID head lights and I happen to be one.

You have to remember that Fords obligation is to the stock holders, not to a small minority of folks that want a particular option or feature. They may have made a mistake or the market may change and its added or it may be a planned progression of features they add on a year to year basis to keep interest up.