Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Making the best headlights attempt #2
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #14
ViperThreat
Dat boxer rumble

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

Points 7,652, Level 58
Points: 7,652, Level: 58 Points: 7,652, Level: 58 Points: 7,652, Level: 58
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 9 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKonaZX3 View Post
So these are the 35 watt stage 3 kits with no shrouds.? Definitely more pics as you do the next one. What temp did you bake these lights? Still think it's funny the hid kit is about twice the $$ as the housings(if I was looking at right kit$265). But it gives you a nice black housing with great light output. Will be traveling down this path myself soon. Again nice job!
I turned the oven to 400 degrees and set them in there for about a minute with the door open. The glue on these isnt as bad as the OEM headlights, so it was alot easier to get open.

The projectors are the morimoto mini D2S projectors which are small enough to fit. They came with shrouds, but the setup i have doesnt require the shrouds to be installed, so i have them sitting here at my desk.

The total cost of doing this is right about at $350. For that price, you can get a decent set of Machs, but i wanted to be different and what i ended up with has much better output, and IMO looks a little meaner.

I didnt get pictures of the other housing, as i put it together the next day. But i can say that it wasnt too bad. The only trouble is the balancing act of getting the projectors to fit in the housings, while maintaining the aim.