Old 08-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #23
teresah
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88777
What I Drive: 2012 blue

FF Reputation: 1 teresah Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
steering

I bought a 2012 focus in june, had noticed "stiffness" of the sterring, took it on vacation at higher speeds 60-70 mph and it was just alot of work to drive due to the swerving and stiffness of the wheel, felt like driving some kind of go cart. steering fault light came on 170 miles from home and spent anhour at a ford dealer "resetting" the system the problem continued and when we got back from vacation it went back to the dealer for a "fix" that the dealer says Ford sent them. The problem seems worse now and at lower speeds we can notice the swerving actio. This week the dealership called and stated that they are waiting on parts from Ford Engineering to replace "steering gears." I have let Ford know that the vehicle does not seem safe at times d/t the swerving, it almost feels like you are driving behind a semi truck and the turbulence but when you go to correct the drift the car then overcorrects and swerves. I hope this fixes the problem as overall I ike the car but feel hat the steering problem could cause a serious accident. Feedback?