Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #348
Woolybooger54
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88760
What I Drive: 2001 Maroon SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 Woolybooger54 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Bought my 2001 focus wagon in 2008 for around $3500. Had 135,000 miles on it at the time. Really nice looking car and well taken care of by the previous owner.

Now has 252,000 miles on it. As for problems... Wheel bearings, Struts, shocks, driver's side front axle, tie rod ends, ball joints, one brake caliper, door lock and handle linkages needed repaired. But nothing I would consider abnormal for the amount of miles on the car. Engine and transmittion still strong.

But there are a few minor problems I have not fixed/figured out how to fix:

Gearshift will not release from Park position after depressing brake pedal (replaced switch on break pedal but did not help).

Rear brake lights remain on after car has been driving for about 20-30 minutes (replaced break light switch but did not help).

Front hood release lever (plastic part) broke off under steering wheel.

Heater fan only blows on high setting.

And last but not least... the rear wheels are further out at the bottom than the top. Wears out tires on the inside tread fast. My mechanic claims that there are no adjustments for the rear wheels.

All in all, I would consider myself very satisfied with the car and I would buy another one in the future.