oknvragain
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48054
What I Drive: 06,RED,ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 oknvragain Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drostedrummer89 View Post
While upgrading the intercooler would be ideal, have you made sure you're venting as much heat out of the engine bay as possible? Is your turbo manifold, downpipe, dump tube, flex pipe and turbo housing wrapped and blanketed? That's a very cheap job, and WILL reduce engine bay temps, reducing charge pipe temps, therefore reducing iat's. Also if you don't mind the look, hood spacers and removal of the rubber weatherstripping will vent the engine bay as well. Another thing you can do is make sure 100% of the air that passes through the lower grill is passing THROUGH the intercooler, not around it. You can make plates on either side of the ic where the couplers are, preventing the air from going past them and doing nothing productive.

If you are really good at fabbing (or willing to experiment) you can cut openings in your hood, weld a mesh grill in the opening, and voila- you have hood vents. People may call "rice" on you, until you smoke them :-)

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile
To start I moved my intake. I was thinking it was going to be an expensive option but I happened to find a 45 that would make the job possible. Now that i have a cold air intake instead of a short ram i think that'll help. I very much so liked your input on the intercooler. I'm pretty handy when it comes to fabbing something up so i'll probably do the ducting on the end of the intercooler pipes this weekend. I'll be sure to post pics when it's done! Thanks guys.
42lb bosch injectors
Tune by Tom