Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How many People with the SPI had a Valve Seat Failure?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #60
karskrazy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86474
What I Drive: 2002 ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 karskrazy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Mine dropped a seat at 102K and turns out after tearing it down this was the SECOND time it happened as the #1 rod had been replaced already and the bottom of the head was beat to hell in all four cylinders so apparently the valve seat worked its way thru them all !! I reallydo think it was the number 4 cylinder that dropped the seat this time though as it had little compression like the #1 cylinder too. I also found parts of a piston skirt in the oil pan when it was removed !! Luckily it didn't sling a rod thru the block !

We only had this car for 3 weeks before this happend after getting it used in May of 11. Just stopped to get gas and got in and started it back up and all hell broke loose. Now after about $2000.00 ++ later I have a new engine just about completely installed that I have not even cranked yet, as I am just finishing the install as we speak. Good thing it now has a 5yr. /100k warranty on this motor !! I sure don't ever want to do this again !! I'll have to drive it that long to get my money out of this POS SPI !! I never dreamed Ford could have ever built such a pos engine and not ever fixed the head problems with it or done a recall on them !! So much for good ole American cars !! Next time I will buy an import like Nissan,Toyota, or whatever !!

Last edited by karskrazy; 08-06-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: SPELLING