Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimpy View Post
I too joined this forum in hopes to find solution to what seems to be a problem to many new Focus owners. I am also experiencing shuddering at first displacement and when I come to a halt. My car also has no guts when I try to pass another. When I hit the gas pedal to accelerate, it feels as though the car is choking and the gas doesnít give. Eventually it picks up. It is very scary because Iím changing lanes to pass only to slow down. Iím not sure I want to try and pass again. Iíve test driven a Focus Titanium a few months ago and that car was awesome! I wish mine was the same. I know I have to brake it in and that Iíve only had it for a few days but Iím not excited about mine like I was with the one Iíve test driven. Like some, I do not feel safe driving this car. My Focus already had 513km logged on when I got it and I know this is all highway driving as the car came from a different city. Iíve only put 200km myself of mostly city driving. I will give it time and keep on reading on here. I hope it does get better.
I decided to stop at the dealer and talk about what I am experiencing. They asked that I bring it in on Monday for them to look into. They think it may need to be reprogrammed or something. Also at the same time they will look/fix my rear wiper washer fluid problem. It's not dispensing any fluid. It may be a disconnect somewhere. I haven't had a car in three years. I've spent 35k on this one and it is already going in to be fixed one week after purchase. I cannot say that I am not disapointed in this car because I am. Once it'll work properly I know it'll be the bomb. I'm thankful that I'm getting a good experience with the dealership. We will see what Monday brings.