Old 08-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #84
Monoblanco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59784
What I Drive: 2002 bright yellow ZX5

FF Reputation: 3 Monoblanco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I see two issues here:
1 - Ford has either a design problem or a quality control problem, possibly a combination of both - as in a design that requires a level of precision in manufacture that is not being consistently met, thus a significant number of poorly shifting vehicles out the door. In either case, this product was not really ready for release for sale and, Ford's response should be much more pro-active.
2 - Inadequate technical skills and poor customer relations on the part of dealers - they are, after all, individually owned and of varying degrees of competence and honesty, as are their individual employees.

I think we should all apreciate Natasha's and her coworkers efforts to aid us. I have no criticism to make of them, but let's realize that their jobs would not be needed if dealers were honest and competent and cared about their customers. It is very very irritating to be condecended to by a service manager (salesman) whose knowledge of automobile mechanics is clearly less than my own.

As an aside, it's interesting to see the number of people who are having a problem with "shuttering" (possibly with their power windows?), rather than "shuddering".
Good luck to all,
Monoblanco

Last edited by Monoblanco; 08-06-2011 at 07:18 AM.