Old 08-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #75
Offrddrver
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88002
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Metalic Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Offrddrver Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
sirhawkeye,

First, right out of the gate, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, understand I am not trying to pick on you in any way, but I must ask you and so many others on this FOCUS site.

Why do you accept that this transmission issue (or whatever it really is) as NORMAL.
"I'm starting to think is somewhat normal for these transmissions."
I've read this kind of statement over and over again from so many of you in the blog.

This is NOT NORMAL in any way, shape or form. We all need to ban together and DEMAND a fix. My 1979 Dodge Colt didn't have a auto-transmission shutter. My 1988 Ford Mustang didn't have a auto-trans shutter. My 1992 Ford Probe with Auto-trans didn't have a shutter. My 1999 Taurus didn't have a auto trans shutter. My buddy's VW Jetta with a very similar auto-trans to this doesn't have a shutter. My point is that NORMAL automatic transmissions in NEW CARs (or most old cars) don't shutter, or stall, or speed up at a snails pace. NORMAL is a smooth automatic shifting transmission.

The bottom line is that Ford wants you to accept this ISSUE as normal so that you, me, and everyone on the Focus site with ISSUES will sit back until the warranty expires and they can legally take your car off the list. By the way, it's not only FORD.

We are all paying for these $21k+++ cars that are having issues. DEMAND A FIX as not demanding one will cost all of us in the future.

With all the respect in the world, I'm sorry that you and I, and everyone else is having to deal with this ISSUE from a company that "prides" themselves on QUALITY IS JOB ONE!