Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #72
Offrddrver
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88002
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Metalic Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Offrddrver Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SEL 303A package - Just hit 3100 miles. My last post was just after 2000 miles.
Issue with transmission shutter is still present.
- The exceleration shutter is very light now, but still present.
- The deceleration shutter is still 100% present from 1200 rpm down to 750 rpm
Many of you suggested a break in period of 1000 miles. I'm 3x of that and still waiting.
My break in attempt.
- Daily long drive at 60 mph to 75 mph highway (to try and keep the gpm up)
- Several times per week take side road (very little traffic) shift 1 to 6 and 6 to 1 five cycles and then head home on standard 45 mph road.
* I do this as many of you stated my long steady pace driving doesn't allow my car to break in properly. It now has city driving, highway driving, and shift cycle driving. Nothing has helped the deceleration shutter.

Also, I now really notice the hesitation that many of you talk about. I pulled out in front of traffic WITH PLENTY of room to spare and my SEL turned into a snail. Needless to say I had nowhere to go and traffic was on my in a split second.
I also notice the huge leg in exceleration when in daily traffic.

In short I guess my car is still awaiting that 1000 mile break in even at 3100 miles.
Now I have to find time to take it to the dealer! Oh joy, like any of us have time for this!

Natasha, you will most likely have all my information coming your way within two weeks, or right after my Ford dealer takes their second look at this issue.