hammy627
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86517
What I Drive: 2010 Classic Silver SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 hammy627 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
FordCustomerService: Just curious as to what the VIN will do (other than verify that I own the car and that it is not still for sale)?
I will PM you the VIN, but want to know more about who you are (are you from Ford Customer Relations division, or are you a customer service rep trying to keep things cool between customers and Ford? It doesn't really matter to me, but I want to know who I'm really dealing with before I start giving out info.

To re-iterate my anger about this issue with the transmission (at least, everyone thinks that's the problem...) I've been to three dealers (another one today) and nobody seems to know what this noise is. I thought that Ford Dealers have certified techs? The tech there said he wasn't even sure if he could work on the transmission or not because he was not terribly familiar with them? That gives me a lot of confidence in Ford.... their technicians aren't sure if their own car parts are servicable or not.

I will PM the VIN to you either today or tomorrow... whenever I get time.
The VIN number has the information Ford needs regarding the model/options you have on the Focus as well as where it was built. As to the mechanic from the Dealer- that reflects on the dealer, not Ford. Also remember that your car is the FIRST year with the six speed transmission, so of course the mechanic is new to it.

Let Natasha help you, and PLEASE don't take it out on her- she has helped a lot of people and wants to help you.

Good luck with your problem!