Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #57
howelljimmy22
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88476
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SE

FF Reputation: 1 howelljimmy22 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry Issues with 2012 Ford Focus

I, like dvandy4898 and Jellman123, purchased a 2012 Ford Focus on June 6, 2011. After driving for about two weeks, I continually noticed a shutter in the transmission. When I would go to take off or come to a stop it shutters and acts like it was going to stall. Actually, it was kind of like the transmission was slipping and could not grab gears. I immediately called the dealership and asked to set a date for a diagnostic test because there was a problem with the transmission. The man whom I spoke with in the service department acted like I had no clue what I was talking about and said that the shutter I was feeling is the clutch assembly engaging and that there is nothing wrong with the car. It is now August and the problem has gotten worse. Not just a little, but a great deal worse. Now, when I put my car in reverse and go to roll back, the transmission shakes the entire car and kind of stalls. Every time I go to take off the car acts like it is going to completely shut down. When I slam on the gas it does not do this, but I shouldn't not have to slam on the gas because it is an automatic, also this car is meant for fuel economy and slamming on the gas does not get me the promised gas mileage that this car was meant to deliver. I called Mike Castrucci Ford today and made an appointment because I feel like I am being taken for an idiot. I went to Universal Technical Institute for college. I know cars. However, I did get a second opinion just to make sure I was not crazy. My fiance's father is 28 years ASE certified. He has worked for many Ford dealerships and now owns his own shop where he repairs customer vehicles for a living. He test drove my new focus for me. He said there is something seriously wrong with the transmission and it will probably be recalled. I hope Ford fixes this issue because if my car stalls when I am trying to take off from a stop then I might wind up in an accident. It is very unsafe and I am very disappointed with Ford after owning so many good quality vehicles from this company. I did not like being treated like someone who does not know anything about vehicles because I am ASE certified myself. I will post again after my Saturday appointment with Ford to tell everyone what they said about my 2012 Focus.