Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #54
teaster
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88448
What I Drive: 2012 charcoal gray ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 teaster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
focus shudder

I am experiencing the exact same issue. There is a hesitation when accelerating and there is a shudder when coming to a stop. I have 4000 miles on my new focus and it is not getting any better. If anything, it is more noticable. Unfortunately I bought mine out of state because the clutch on my Civic, which had 250,000 miles on it, went out while I was on vacation and I knew it was time for a new car. I've never bought a Ford in my life but my boyfriend and his father are loyal Ford customers so I was convinced that this purchase would be a good one. I can honestly say I have never had one problem with my old Civic. and I'm starting to wish I had just gotten the clutch fixed and not bought this Focus.

Due to being out of state when I purchased it, I am having trouble getting a call back from the local dealerships who I have called to see if they would look into the issue. I was thinking I would just have to drive into the local dealership and insist someone take a look at my car and decided to Google it and see if anyone else was having the same issue. I am glad I found this forum because I was starting to wonder if I just wasn't used to the automatic transmission. But the longer I drive it, the more I realize that something just isn't right. I sure hope I get an answer soon.

Last edited by teaster; 08-02-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling error