Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - MK3 Focus - Canadian Owners (How much did you pay?)
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #8
FCSEL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88418
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL, 5sp, Lux, Nav

FF Reputation: 1 FCSEL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just put in a 1,000 deposit and signed a contract with a dealership. I had not planned on finalizing anything on that day and they told me my the deposit is all refundable.

The ford.ca website shows a destination allowance of $1000 and an employee discount of $2165 with a total discount of $3165.

The dealership gave me a $3610 discount, but they charged a $495 documentation fee and a $385 globali.com registration fee.

1. Is this a good deal, considering I'm paying $50 more than the website price due to the documentation fee (not considering the globali fee)?
2. They mentioned that if for any reason I don't like the car, I can have my deposit back, but is it too late to remove the globali registration? They didn't explain it to me well and it seemed like they just "snuck" it into the paperwork.
3. Would you have any information on the invoice price in Vancouver, Canada for the following: 5-door hatch SEL, 301A (Audio Package), Luxury Package, Navigation, and 64R 17" Alloy Wheels? Is that something I can ask my sales rep for?

Thanks so much in advance.