Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #53
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I mean, the dealers took me seriously after they saw/heard what it was doing... so there's no question there. It's more or less than nobody knows why this is happening. Furthermore, they all want to keep the car for a week or so so they can remove the trans and other parts to find the issue, which I guess is somewhat normal, but that also leaves me without a car. Now, the dealer I bought the car from will loan me a car while mine is being repaired, so we will see how that goes. Hopefully I can get it in by the end of this week so that they can start looking at it. If they need to keep it for 2 weeks, then fine. Just as long as they don't try to charge me for the loaner car while mine is being worked on. This is what bugged me the most... dealers want me to pay for a rental car when this is purely a warranty issue. So as long as I can get to work and to do errands somehow with a car, then they can keep it the 1-2 weeks they say they may need.

Basically it comes down to this: my local dealer will look at the car, but they need it for a week. And to get a rental will cost me $28 per day, because I didn't buy the car from them. I can take the car to the dealer I got it from, and they'll give me a loaner car for however long they have my car. Only thing is they are 80 miles away. I may just go back to the original dealer the car came from because the gas is only about $25 round trip (similar to 1 rental car day after you add in the annoying IL tolls). I know it's not my local dealer's fault I don't have a spare car to drive, but why can't they just bill the rental car to Ford. After all, the works is to be covered under warranty.

I will post back when I find out more about this situation. I will still contact the FordCustomerService people with the VIN just as a backup.