View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 11:09 PM   #47
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I would hope that Ford would do something with the trans warranty. Or at least, give me 5yrs/60,000 miles on the replacement tranny (if they have to replace it). Not a big deal since my car only has 400 miles on it. An extra 1k miles isn't going to make or break it, but they should compensate the customers with bad transmissions with something even just extending it to 75k and 6 years would be fine with me.

I just want the car to work as it should, for I need to start driving it places (business trips).

I just hope the trans tech can figure out what the noise is and hopefully fix it, because everyone I've talked to (and taken the car to) so far is perplexed as to what could cause such a noise (as in, none of them have ever heard a car make this noise before and not be something simple like tires, brakes, or bearings, etc). Because they checked all that today, and couldn't pinpoint the problem---even checked the half-shafts and joints, tierods, etc, and are quite confident it is a trans problem.