Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87659
What I Drive: 2012 Gray Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 sehatch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus replacement steering rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanddp View Post
Please read my post.I said nothing about back ordering a steering column!!!
Ford has a problem with a few focus steering rack/sensor interface assemblies. It took awhile for them to find the problem,assess it,then find the fix.If you conspiracy theorists out there want to make a big deal,go for it.Ford is a huge company and like the government sometimes moves slowly.They went out of the way to find and fix the problem and are now in the process of ordering parts required for the fix.The missive they gave me about the problem is no secret,I just have no way to scan it into my computer.
End of story.
If anything worthwhile pops up I will post.
Fanddp, a replacement steering rack has arrived and is scheduled to be installed in my Focus Monday. The tech tells me this is the first hes had to replace of any Ford model that uses EPAS and has no experience. The sub frame has to be dropped down to get access since the rack is mounted to the top side of the sub frame. They are going to call me once started so I can see whats involved. I reviewed the procedure to replace the rack in my Audi A3 shop manual that I suspect is similar and the work is extensive. Do you know what parts were order for your Focus and have they arrived.