Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - FSWerks Cool-Flo Intake Installation Problems
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
FocusSportTECH
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29980
FF Reputation: 6 FocusSportTECH Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkb13 View Post
I just bought my FSwerks intake as well and came across a similar issue. When I attempted to put the coupler to into the throttle body it was very loose. I could tell that even though you would tighten the clamp you would not get a good seal. Its a good thing I had an extra reducing coupler around. I love the overall fit, finish and quality of the product. FSwerks should have included a better fitting silicone coupler for the throttle body.

There are actually two main reasons we use the straight 3" silicone hose rather than a reducing silicone hose.

1. Many of our customers use an aftermarket throttle body which is always 3" in diameter. So our 3" silicone will fit perfectly with that setup as well as allow proper fitment with the OEM 2.75" throttle body. Silicone hose in general is designed to allow flexibility so it will seal properly when properly installed.

2. Reducing silicone hoses are much more expensive than straight silicone hose and to maintain our low selling price of $199.95 we chose to use a more affordable and multi purpose fitting hose.

Thanks,
Vik