Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus owners - how do you like Powershift tranny so far?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #158
Grisby
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87598
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Hatch 201A 5M Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Grisby Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballer View Post
I'm interested in getting a Focus2012, but I'm afraid that I might be disappointed when comparing it to my mazda protege5 (or P5 as we call it). My mazda is Tiptronic, which means that that normally it has an auto tranny, but push the stick to the right in the +/- slot and you shift manually without a clutch.

When shifting in focus using the +/- side button, how "fun" was it? I was able to test drive an auto tranny only, and my only negative about it was the windshield (smaller visibility than the P5).

I'm still seriosuly considering a focus hatchback, but will have to test drive a 'tiptronic' for a final decision.

(I know it's relatively early, but how much millage do you guys thing it'll get by the time it 'retires'? A P5 i know surpassed the 400k km, while mine is just at 191k km).
Sorry for getting a bit off topic but this is interesting. I had a P5 several cars ago and of the total 35 cars I've owned I liked it one of the best. I owned the P5 for 10 years and since then I have had a 2010 Mazda 3 GT, 2010 Pontiac G8 GT, 2010 GMC Terrain and my current ride, a 2012 Focus hatch. The Focus seems like the spiritual succsessor to the P5 and is probably my favourite so far so I would say you will like it a lot, (but probably even more so if you can drive a stick).

Last edited by Grisby; 07-29-2011 at 02:49 PM.