Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus owners - how do you like Powershift tranny so far?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #152
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock99 View Post
Just got a call from the dealership.After a day and a half of diagnosis,the technicians still got no clue where the rattling and vibration come from.Actually they got no clue because their laptop don't tell them sh!t! They are waiting instructions from Ford to know what's next.I already told them the Powershift tranny was the issue but they say their hands are tied until Ford tells them what to do.

Sounds like I'm gonna drive that crappy loaner for a long time.
I'm curious about this too, because mine makes a vibration noise (groaning/moaning noise) that fades in and out as you drive in D, above 30 mph. It probably is still ocurring under 30 mph, but you can't hear/feel it. It is a very audiable sound. But yet, the car still drives OK (one dealer suggested it was a trans problem). I do know this (at least for my car's problem): it's speed related--as in how fast the car is driving, not neccesarily how fast the engine is turning because I let it coast down a hill once (got up to about 60 mph) with the car in Neutral and RPMs around 600-800, and the car still made the same noise (same tone, same pitch--which changes with speed--louder and more vibration and low speeds, and shorter quieter noise at higher speeds).

Anyone experience this? I'm taking the car back for round two to the dealership this week... I hope it's not a trans problem, and something a little less dramatic, such as a bearing problem or hub issue.