Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Joining the Army
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #21
Missourileo
Captain Retard

Fan#: 55980
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT ZX3,93 SVT Lightning

Points 5,291, Level 46
Points: 5,291, Level: 46 Points: 5,291, Level: 46 Points: 5,291, Level: 46
Level Up 71% Completed
Level up: 71% Level up: 71% Level up: 71%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 20 Missourileo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by russmistro View Post
So I took my asvab on Wednesday. I scored a 72 which I was told was a good score.
Congrats on making Upper Mental Group by 7 points. You will now have more options open job wise. I would like to give you a bit of advice. Choose your job wisely, think about what you want to do if/when you get out. Missile electronics maintenance sounds sooooo savvy and technical, but how many folks do that in the real world. Plan for the future. Also, if they offer an enlistment bonus, turn it down and take the college fund, pays off better in the long run. You will have the GI bill and 100 percent tuition assistance while on active duty, so that's covered. The college fund will actually help you out a lot more.
Good job on making E3 before basic. If you get a chance, practice marching. Your recruiter(if he's good) should have you coming to meetings. At these meetings, you should learn how to march. Learn your rank and insignia as well. Soak up as much info as you can about the Army before you go.......educate yourself. Maybe if you're close to some ffers that are in the Army, have them show you a few things. Knowing what a preparatory command and an execution command is going to move you ahead of the pack. Don't try to compare branches or pay, it's all the same. Have pride in yourself and the United States Army. Good Luck to you.
UT1(SCW)
USN

P.S. If you choose a job and they don't have it available, walk. Wait for it to be available. (Recruiters everywhere just cringed)
Midwest crew #36
Hatch Nation#50
January 2010 ROTM