View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #12
Zewerr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 56889
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver SVT, STF prepped

FF Reputation: 1 Zewerr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Keep in mind I'm going in with strickly with the mind of what's best for autocrossing that's not an R-compound. RS-3's are the best dry street tire for autocrossing. Though they act kinda like R-compounds, by way, I mean they like to be hot. So having someone be a tire warmer many times is needed. They are terrible in the rain. For rain, Continental ExtremeContact DW. These are turning out to be some of the best rain tires you can get. As for dry, they're pretty decent but usually not as good as the RS-3's and the next tire I'm going to mention. Finally, the Dirreza Z1 Star Specs. These are what I run as my street tires. They have really good tread life for me so far. I'm approaching 20k miles on mine and they still have a good 5/32" left even with a few autocrosses. These are right in between the DW's and the RS-3's. Not as good on the dry as the RS-3's (but really damn close and would last longer), and probably not as good as the DW's in the wet (once again, pretty damn close, and probably won't last as long). If you want to be competitive in autocrossing, I would suggest one of these three. That is if you like winning and all.