Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #75
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,295, Level 35
Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie B View Post
What I can say is that I called Warnock Ford after I switched cars, and they said that they had told Enterprise that the car just needed to be driven more. Although it seems to me that the readout I got about transmission failure meant that in this case, the problem was more serious than just a few bugs to be worked out.

I wonder whether, if a Focus needs to learn the driving style of one driver, then it is a bad car to add to a rental car fleet, since it's going to have multiple drivers.

I also wonder whether, given the number of reports of transmission problems I've seen online with this car, there is a recall or service advisory in the works?
Hi Jamie B,

The customers with ongoing transmission concerns represented online are not necessarily an indication of a large-scale issue. Many shift differences have been resolved with software updates, as well as better explanation of the transmission technology upon delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1 View Post
I was thinking of buying a focus so I drove one. The shudder you all describe didn't bother me that much. What bothered me, was that when I wanted to use the toggle switch to change gears manually, it was very slow in responding. It took about half a second or maybe more from the time I pushed the toggle switch until the gear changed. I can do that faster in my manual transmission car with my left foot operating a regular clutch. Is this normal for a dual clutch? Isn't the whole idea of two clutches to make the shifts very fast? Was I driving a lemon? Does any one else think this toggle switch is too slow?
Hello,

SelectShift will make adjustments to prevent stalling or over-revving. That may account for the delay you noticed.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply