Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #34
Old TU
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87303
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 Old TU Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Offrddrver,

Thanks for the reply. Looks like Natasha @ Ford Service is stepping in to help you. I hope as miles go by your MPG's will get better. As for the transmission concerns mine isn't completely smooth or quiet. But it isn't lurching forward or grinding. I have accepted the fact that it is different than the automatics of old.

These DC transmissions are supposed to be more efficient, lighter weight and the first service @ 150K. My previous car a 2006 Scion xB had a 1.5L engine was several hundred pounds lighter than the Focus and its mileage was 24 city and on extended trips in the low thirties. Most of my driving is around town. I am happy I am getting 27-28 MPG's around town with a more powerful and comfortable car.

I have driven Taurus's as rental cars and their transmissions are silky smooth. I don't think our DCT will ever be that smooth. I hope Ford does continue to support all who are concerned and teach the sales and service people at the dealership level how to explain and demonstrate the difference in the transmissions.

Fortunately I had a sales person that was a gear head like myself that let me know this transmission wasn't like the Camry's I had ridden in the past.