Old 07-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #32
Offrddrver
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88002
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Metalic Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Offrddrver Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Old Tu,

Well, the manual reading was enlightening, but I'm already knowledgeable of all the information listed on these two pages. I've been doing this for years.

The car is now at 2065 miles today. I'm still waiting for that 1000 mile break in to work as Ford noted in the service bulletin they gave me after my first shop visit. As noted, my current driving is more erratic to help break in the car's transmission (and KILL my gas milage even more.)

Just to prove I'm a "gas saving" driver, I was getting 26.2 to 29.1 MPG in a 1999 Ford Taurus with 24Valve V6 and 133000 miles. I'm driving the exact route to work as I do with this 2012 Focus. The www.Fueleconomy.gov lists the 1999 Ford Taurus as 17c 25h 20mpg combined. My driving style beat those estimates. I would hope with my driving style that this little 4 banger should be up near the 35 to 37 mpg range. Every fuel stop is logged, every fuel stop is the same fill up method and odometer reset routine. It is as close as a Semiconductor Engineer can get to calculating mpg on this car without adding his own sensors. HA HA

Back to the Transmission issue...
I just want FORD to step up and get this trans issue fixed as I'm fed up with getting ditched by Ford on issues that they should fix. Remember I'm once bitten due to FORD ditching my $36,000 SUV issue at 12000 miles when it was purchased at 36 miles NEW. If FORD ditches me on this issue I will NEVER buy another FORD again. I've bled Blue Oval blood since I was 15 years old even when nearly all my friends were Chevy fans.
I also bleed Red White and Blue and frankly get pissed that so many people buy Japan and Korean vehicles. But, if FORD can't get this fixed I will never give them another penny let alone $27,000.00 for an Economy car that doesn't run right.

Sorry for such a long post, but I'm getting sick of this transmission issue and Ford ditching me as a loyal customer.

Last note, I'll be quick to reply if this Transmission does FIX itself or learn my driving style. 2000+ and waiting! I guess my car was one of the school girl dropouts as she isn't learning very quickly.

Just to note, my dealer has been working with me, they have not ditched me, but Ford has nothing to help them, so how can they help me!