Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Wrench dash light
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #49
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,295, Level 35
Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtcj98 View Post
I have a 2011 SE with 3980 miles. This past tuesday the wrench light came on at two different times. Both times the vehicle would resart after stopping and letting sit for 10 seconds. It has no CEL on. The second time it happened was in the middle of a very busy intersection. I had it towed to the dealership it came from. The say the can not find any codes or any problems with it. They have provided me with a new Chevy HHR to drive in the meantime. I am still using the Chevy. My last new car was in 1973, this is not making me feel my new purchase was a good idea.
I have not found any TSB's on my own and the dealer finds nothing wrong with the car.
Any suggestions?
Hi xtcj98,

Intermittent issues can be a bit difficult to diagnose, and I am glad your dealer is working to resolve it even though no codes are shown. Please private message me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, and servicing dealer name/state and I will assist with your concerns.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply