Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2008-2011 Picture Thread!!
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #829
2011 SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 80951
What I Drive: 2011 SE

FF Reputation: 8 2011 SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying56eagle View Post
Well unfortunately, I had to make a trip to Phoenix AZ. From Jonestown Pa. for a family emergency, Cost of Flight $798 round trip, $40 day X 6 = $240 car rental. Around $1100, To drive was only going to be around $570 or so round trip for fuel, @ $3.50 gal avg. 166 gal or so, for 93-92 octane, So I took off, Never stopped/turned car off the car only to fuel, eat 2 time's (drive Thur) And if you know me I ran the car hard, always ran around 75 to 85 mph, and yes several times over 110 mph, I made the trip in 28 hrs 15 min. Yes I was Moving.. My avg, fuel mileage was 30.5 for the trip, around 4990 miles total, with driving in Phx area, Sleep was not a problem because I drive for a living, and I am used to going A long period of time on no sleep, Also had allot on my mind, and the adrenalin of driving over 100 mph several time's will also keep you awake. The car ran awesome, with 41000 miles on it befor trip. Not one problem, My HR Sport Springs were great, in trying to miss pot hole's at those speeds, My Maxxis Ma Z1 Victra's Handled like glue. I run Royal Purple 10/40 Oil. So yes It is safe to say That a 09 Ford Focus SeS Coupe Could do well at the 24hrs at le Mans, May not win, But I am very satisfied and love my car..
Sounds like a road trip I did with my friend a couple years back. We drove from New Hampshire to Texas non-stop to deliver a car to his brother. We stopped only for gas and food. Took us 35 hours in total, and it was the time of my life. I love road trips.

Next year I plan on doing the circumference of the contiguous US. THAT is going to be a highlight of my life. Gotta check everything off my bucket list!
Autobots decal over Ford emblems
Flat black TFB Designs hood stripes