View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #73
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Not to mention, out of all vehicles I've had (of various colors) the red ones were the biggest PITAs to get painted. Most of them took two runs to get the color right(to match the rest of the car--of course I was later told that reds are hard to match when doing body work).

Point being, no more red cars for me, unless of course the dealer gives me one heck of a deal on one.

And for those who think red is more visible... it may be during the day, but what I've found is at night, it doesn't matter what color your car is... most people aren't paying attention anyway if they hit you. The reason for an accidently is usually that people weren't paying attention... My dad thinks that red cars are easier to see at night. I don't quite think so... and I have had 2 red cars to prove his theory sort of wrong.

They stand out well during the day, but at night when there is no light hitting the car, from a distances you can't really tell red from dark red, from other colors. All you see is a car in many cases (especially around here where on country roads it's pretty dark).