Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Highway lane drifting
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #60
herbz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84909
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch 5MT Sterling Grey

Points 7,553, Level 58
Points: 7,553, Level: 58 Points: 7,553, Level: 58 Points: 7,553, Level: 58
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 herbz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanddp View Post
I have the same problem.It is a defective rack/sensor interface.Parts are hard to get due to a quality issue at TRW (the supplier of the rack assy).I have a note from ford stating this.I think they regret giving me a copy of this Ford missive. I called Ford corporate,got a return call from Ford Corp./Florida division.The are trying to get a new,non defective rack assy. I also got a case #.I appears the entire rack/sensor/electric assist assy. must be installed as a unit.
Look on my3cents.com for several other people with the same problem.
This problem can be fixed.I drove a different focus and it steered just fine.
We may have to get other people involved if this cannot be fixed in a timely manner.
Just as I was coming to terms with this issue and almost accepting it as the way the power steering behaves in general.

I drove an old Chrysler minivan back to back with my new Focus on the highway for significant miles, and honestly the minivan was 100x easier to keep in a straight line. This is flat out unacceptable.

Do you have a copy of this note you could scan and post? If enough people get on this issue hopefully Ford will acknowledge it. I'm willing to as well. My 2k oil change is coming up at which point I will let my dealer know of this problem.