Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Manual trans in 08-11
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #30
john m.
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55541
What I Drive: 2008 Focus SES Vista Blue 5 speed

FF Reputation: 0 john m. Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangGTT View Post
Mine literally has every option available except its a manual. The first dealership I went to said there weren't any cars like it within 700 miles. They tried to convince me to buy a automatic sedan because of "resale value" So, I called another dealership around me and they found my car within 20 minutes. I ended up getting a nasty email from the sales lady for buying somewhere else after all the "work" she put in for me. Lmao.
Yea they tried that "resale value" crap on me too but I wasn't buying any of it! We all know that you don't buy a Ford Focus for a resale value. You just keep driving it until the wheels fall off and it wont go any more then buy another one. The 08 automatic trans just doesn't have the same performance as the 5 speed does. The 5 speed is great in the snow and also lets you squeeze more get up and go power from the stock engine. Also the 5 speed weighs much less then the auto trans. Less weight means you can haul more fat people around! (I make em ride in the back seat) LOL