Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2008-2011 Picture Thread!!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #822
2011 SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 80951
What I Drive: 2011 SE

FF Reputation: 8 2011 SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_D... View Post
Thats how mine are bc the mechanic that does all the work on my car couldnt figure out how to get the eyebrows and leds working and somehow one of my high beams doesnt work which pisses me off bc these headlights were not cheap!
So get this. I bought a second set of these headlights because they were at a ridiculous price ($230 SHIPPED), and I wanted a backup set for when mine eventually fail (I've had the halos on for the last 17k miles I've driven). I tested them out tonight to make sure everything worked, and when I installed the halo/LED plug in BACKWARDS, it resulted in exactly what you described. The halos work, but not the LEDs/eyebrow. On my old set nothing worked if it was installed backwards. SO WEIRD. So my suggestion to you if you know how to remove the headlights, is to just flip the red plug and see if your LEDs/eyebrow magically turn on. Couldn't hurt to try, right?

It's strange, though. The backups I bought have a completely different resistor attached to it. It looks like someone removed the one that came with it, and replaced it with something else. There's tons of dried silicone all over it. Anyways, let me know if the flipping the red plug works!
Autobots decal over Ford emblems
Flat black TFB Designs hood stripes