Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Focus at the track, lacking power
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
chriskobi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84901
What I Drive: 2000, bright blue, zx3

FF Reputation: 1 chriskobi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus at the track, lacking power

So I went to the racing school again and it went well there was even 2 svt's there. One had a turbo but unfortunately he had some turbo issues, I think he was only running 6 lbs of boost and I believe he had a coolant leak somewhere. Also there was a supercharged svt there for lapping days. Both nice guys. Was happy to meet some fellow Focusers.

Anyway for any of you who have done circuit or lapping days how did you fair on a NA Focus? I have no real engine mods, just CAI and more exhaust flow.
I was only able to hit around 90 on the straight away if I got out of the last corner efficiently. Man I got smoked on the straight away by just about everyone (most of the cars were BMW's a couple Lotus's and Mustangs) That was expected though. Mostly there to learn to keep momentum and stay consistent with my lines. However in the future I need more power.

It just seems like the car wont go any faster than 90 and 5th gear was pretty much useless. I'd hit 90ish but a shift to 5th just felt like it was bring my speed down. Does this sound about right?

NW Posse #30