cuke2u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87358
What I Drive: It's in my sig..

FF Reputation: 2 cuke2u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
It really not "pulling". When it occurs, It's not being able to achieve straight in the 1st place.
My Titanium (no Handling package) has the Continental ContiProContact and I think that's what most of the SEL and Titaniums with 17" have. Trying to remember if anyone with the Michelin's has reported the issue??. Tramlining may be the initial catalyst but I'm speculating something must be going wonky with the "Pull-Drift Compensation" technology on some units. Frustrating because in every other respect, this is the best handling car I've ever owned.

I have heard it mentioned in a couple of reviews. Cant remember both sources but here is a quote from a Focus review on "The Truth About Cars" web site:

"The steering feels quick and well-weighted around town—but borders on twitchy at highway speeds."
Hi, I've not accessed any american reviews only ones in the UK, which may or may not say something. Although I have read that one now, the M3 better than the Focus, you see that's maybe what I mean, the M3 doesn't touch anywhere near the Focus as being more fun to drive. I also note they drove the sedan with 18" wheels, maybe, as we've not the sedan, something to be said about that combination. Is the overhang at the rear more on the sedan than the H/B?
Chris
18" 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels
Manual 6-speed gearbox,,,