mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
lol it's not a high-res screen at *all*. It's 800x398 if I'm not mistaken. That's less than any smartphone that you can buy on the planet.

The camera probably records at like 640x480 (which is standard television resolution and not high-res by any means). I doubt you'd be able to find many cameras that record at a lower resolution.
Lol, you're funny. I don't know about you, but the MFT in my car is not the size of a TV. It's about the highest res screen to ever come out of a factory on any production vehicle. In contrast it's roughly 4-5 times the resolution of that in my BMW or any of my previous autos as well as yours. If you have nav, you should be awe stricken at the amount of detail this screen shows. I doubt you're finding backup cam with 640x480 AND the proper lens to match. The sensor in the cam may be capable but if the lens is crap, so will the be the output on the screen. Oh, and just between you and me, it *doesn't* actually record anything...

Now with that said, it's really not that big of deal anyway. As long as you can what's behind you, that's all that matters. Never mind too much about what I may have said in my earlier post, it's not like your watching movies play out behind your car or anything :)

Laguna Seca Pedals