Eurofordfan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87186
What I Drive: 1985 Moto Guzzi T5 850 NT

FF Reputation: 1 Eurofordfan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehatch View Post
Just wondering if anyone is working with their local dealer to identify the problem. The steering issue affects minor corrections. Itís more than just heavy steering, itís as if the EPAS is resisting your minor correction. You feel a resistance in the wheel to the correction then the resistance would give but it would be difficult or impossible to not overcorrect. So then the car goes too far requiring correction in the opposite direction. The resistance is much heaver than what you would experience with no assist at all. It requires both hands to make minor corrections.

I have returned my Focus and Iím now driving my trade in an Audi A3. Iím told a Ford service Rep will test the car later this week to determine what action to take. Love the car but can not live with this issue. Let me know if your dealer has resolved the issue for you. ThanksÖ
In the case of the Toyota, the EPAS fought the individuals who had the problem steering, so much so that they could not prevail even with both arms. When EPAS does this, it is a serious issue.