Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Sport Package - Changes?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #28
garysang
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87590
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 garysang Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefSport View Post
Yea, I've done the Ford.com build your own Focus a few times, but I still get a little confused on what the different My Ford Touch/Sync etc. packages actually mean as far as interfaces and what screens etc you get. They don't do a good job of describing it for someone who is not intimately familiar with what the systems mean to the new Focus.
The regular Focus comes with a small monochrome information center in between the gauges and the normal radio.

A focus with SYNC w/ MyFord Will get you dual 4 inch color screens, one in between the gauges, and one as the radio screen. This version of SYNC, Gen1, is the sync that has been available on all the other cars, plus a few enhancements, such as being able to say "play song" versus "play track" and being able to directly start a phone call from any level of the system.

SYNC with MyFord Touch will get you the 4 inch screen in between the gauges, and the large touch screen unit as the radio with all the features of the new Gen2 sync (10,000 voice commands, including being able to set temp, change media source, dual USB ports, etc)

Then you also have Sync with MyFord Touch with nav, which gives you the built in turn by turn on a map.