Titanium12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86295
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
How tough is the filter/oil plug to access? My bride's Panzer has a bellypan that is an SOB to remove if the car isn't on a lift, so I finally said the hell with it and let the dealer do it.
She had a Pontiac Bonneville years ago with a filter that you could see with the hood up, but you couldn't actually touch it enough to remove it without taking off a wheel.
Anyway, I'd rather do my own changes; any problems getting at things?
Moon
There is a fabric like cover on the bottom of the car held on by 8 torx screws. They are relatively easy to take out except the center one in the middle almost directly below the dash on the very bottom of the car. I jacked the car up a little bit to get that one out........and I am leaving it out since it is such a pain the butt to get out. . All the others are accessible from the front and sides of the car. This is on the bottom of the car for aerodynamics I think since alot of German/European cars have this as well. A little inconvenient but only takes about 3 minutes to get off. Gives the car a very clean look underneath!

The filter is at the front/center of the car. It is in a great spot and hangs completely down.....not sideways or at an angle. Easy to spin off and it isn't touching anything else so oil doesn't run down the side of the block/pan. I like it since it allows you to fill the filter with oil completely before spinning it on allowing for a non "dry start."

The plug is in the center pointing towards the rear of the car. 15mm wrench will get it off.

Both filter and plug are in great spots to allow a clean easy change with little clean up. Ford designed this one right.
Delivery Date: June 29, 2011