Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Overheating
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #33
Shipexc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87495
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Shipexc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry Shipexc

2012 Focus Se - 3100 miles, after driving 70 + miles at 60 MPH + drove through a fast food drive thru, after sitting with AC on with outside temp at 90 + had warning engine was hot, turned engine off, sat less then 1 min restarted engine temp gauge was in normal range, next day ( after driving 500 miles +) with no problems we had the same issue sitting in heavy stop and go traffic, again turned engine off and waited until light changed, started engine and again temp gauge in normal range, next day as we traveled home on I -65 with stop and go traffic due to an accident same deal, this time turning engine off did no good, ended up turning AC off, turning heat on high ( over 90 degrees that day) roasting until we saw a rest area less than a mile away, drove on the side of the road to rest area and sat until traffic cleared. Not a happy camper when I called the dealer we bought the car from (as we sat in rest area sweating) and was told to bring it in on Thursday ( 7-7-2011) and plan to leave it at least 48 hours! Strike 2!