Originally Posted by TitaniumFred
From my experience, it behaves as follows:
- Will not switch to the 6th gear
- Computer changes to a more aggressive shifting mode as others have described above
- If you shift with the buttons, you can not go back to computer shifting unless you move the gear shift lever back into D first
- Computer will try to anticipate your acceleration demands and hold RPMs accordingly
- Computer will use engine braking (downshifts) when you apply the brakes
That would make sense from my test drive; I recall it holding to redline when I really caned it, but it shifted less aggressively otherwise.